Going on an African Safari might have been one of the coolest experiences of my life. If you ever have the opportunity to go, don’t pass it up. If you are heading on one soon, here is a little help to get you started on your packing list.
1. Sunscreen and lip balm
3. If you will be camping on your safari, a flashlight may come in handy when walking between tents.
4. Reference book or an iPad – a great place to look up the animals and birds you are seeing as well a reference for stargazing at night
5. A fun book to read during downtime
6. Light, durable, and comfortable walking shoes
7. A good camera, a good lens, and binoculars. A bean bag can substitute as a tripod.
8. Money belt
9. Comfortable, color-neutral clothes: lightweight pants and shorts, t-shirts, a fleece, and shawls or scarves for cooler mornings and evenings
10. Swimsuit and flip-flops if staying at a resort