Kennebunkport, Maine is a fantastic destination for a classic New England experience. This charming coastal town is full of scenic views, adorable shops, and all the lobster you could ever want. Mike and I took a weekend trip here with my folks recently. It was such a fun and relaxing getaway–I highly recommend a visit. I’m still stuffed just thinking about all of the lobster I ate! Here are my recommendations on what to eat, see, and do in Kennebunkport.
Breakfast – Salt & Honey
Lunch – The Ramp (warning: can be a long wait) or Federal Jack’s Brew Pub (try the Shipyard beers)
Dinner – Mabel’s Lobster Claw (get a whole lobster for the complete Maine experience) or for fine dining and a big splurge check out White Barn Inn
Lobster Roll Challenge – I highly recommend making your own lobster roll challenge. Split a lobster roll with your travel buddies at a few places in town and decide which one is your favorite. A few places to try are Nunan’s Lobster Hut, Allison’s, and the Clam Shack (as well as the restaurants listed above).
1. Walker’s Point – AKA The Bush Compound.
2. The Wedding Cake House – The most photographed house in the state of Maine.
3. Ocean Avenue – Browse the art galleries and tourist shops along this main drag.
4. Route 1A – If you have several days take the time to drive up to Portland. There are plenty of scenic coastal towns and lighthouses to enjoy along the way.
1. Rent bikes and ride through town or along the ocean. Stop for ice cream at Rococo’s when you’re done.
2. Plan a beach day at Kennebunk beach or Gooch’s beach
3. Hit up Parson’s walk for a trail filled with views of the ocean and beautiful homes.
4. Test out your sea legs on a lobster boat tour.
We had so much fun on our weekend in Kennebunkport. I fell in love with this cute little town and I know you will too!
Note – It is the perfect getaway for a family or for a romantic trip for two, but there is little to no nightlife in this town. You may be disappointed if you are looking for happenings after 10pm.
Want more on Kennebunkport, check out my packing list here.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Pingback: What to Pack for Kennebunkport, Maine | Traveling Chic
Lindsay27 Jul 2016
I love your guide! I’m taking a last minute day trip next weekend and can’t wait to drop in these cute places! Thanks for sharing!
Traveling Chic21 Aug 2016
Hi Lindsay! Great! I hope you had a nice trip!