One of the most common questions I get from readers is where to stay in New York. There are so many neighborhoods and hotels to choose from, I completely understand how this can be overwhelming.
We’ve all heard of the fabulous New York hotels like the Waldorf and the Plaza, but when it comes to moderate priced, boutique, or budget hotels—it can be difficult to navigate through all of the choices. I pulled together a list of hotels I’ve either stayed at or heard good things about from friends and family. Hopefully this will help you narrow down a few places to stay for your next trip to the big apple!
Splurge ($300 and up)
If your budget has no limits or you’re on a once in a lifetime vacation.
- The Plaza
- Palace Hotel
- The Carlyle Hotel
- The Peninsula
- Greenwich Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria – Currently closed for renovation
Boutique ($200 – 300)
If you’re looking for a small, unique, and trendy hotel to call home for a few days.
Moderately Priced ($150 – 300)
Looking for comfort and luxury without the heavy price tag.
- Hotel 50 Bowery NYC
- Grand Hyatt New York
- Sheraton – Tribeca
- The Bowery Hotel
- Millennium Broadway Times Square
Budget-Friendly ($100 – 200)
Just because you’re on a budget, doesn’t mean you can’t love your hotel. Keep in mind that most budget hotels are going to have tiny rooms.
- The William Vale
If you have any great hotel recommendations, please leave them in the comments below for other travelers!
Planning a trip to New York?
If you’re traveling to New York City, I’ve created the perfect itinerary for first-time visitors that includes a wonderful mix of tourist sights and local favorites. This itinerary makes sure you aren’t spending wasted hours going back and forth across the city and allows you to maximize your limited time.
If you’re a first-timer to the Big Apple, this itinerary and travel guide will help you check off the boxes for all of your must-see activities. If this is your second or even 25th visit, you’ll find great recommendations for restaurants, activities, and local favorites that will help you to pretend you’re a New Yorker (even for just a little while!).
What you’ll find inside:
- 30 page comprehensive travel guide
- Five full day itinerary with only the BEST places to stay, things to do, sights to see, and restaurants to try
- Stylish, full-color photos and an easy-to-read layout that you can access on your phone or print-out and bring with you
- Helpful details about the city, cultural insights, kid-friendly recommendations, and other tidbits to maximize your experience and minimize your stress
- Over 35 hotel recommendations and
- Planning a trip to New York City is overwhelming and very time consuming. With this guide, you’ll save yourself hours of planning and can be confident knowing you’ll be maximizing the time you have in this incredible city!
This 30 page comprehensive travel guide includes everything you need to plan your trip to New York. You will only need to book your accommodations and make reservations. Seriously, that’s it! If you prefer to do some planning yourself, then you can use this guide as a starting point to create your own personalized trip. Either way, with this itinerary you’ll be able to touch down in New York City and hit the ground running!
Sample Itinerary Pages:
Buy the New York City Perfect Itinerary and Travel Guide for First-Timer’s Here:
Looking for more travel Tips?
Traveling Chic’s New York City Restaurant Guide Here.
Traveling Chic’s New York City Bucket List Here.
If you’re planning a trip with your family or kids, check out Traveling Chic’s list of kid-friendly recommendations here.
If you’re visiting over the holidays, check out Traveling Chic’s “Christmas in New York” travel guide here.
Happy Travels! xo