Day 1: Arrival in London
what to see and do in england
- Arrive in London and check into your accommodation.
- Take a stroll along the River Thames and enjoy the views of landmarks like the Tower Bridge and the Shard.
- Explore the vibrant Covent Garden area for shopping, dining, and street performances.
Day 2: London
- Start your day at the British Museum, home to a vast collection of art and artifacts from around the world.
- Visit the iconic Tower of London and learn about its history as a fortress, royal palace, and prison.
- Take an afternoon walk through Hyde Park and enjoy the Serpentine Lake.
Day 3: London
- Explore Buckingham Palace and watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony.
- Visit Westminster Abbey and Big Ben (currently known as the Elizabeth Tower).
- Take a ride on the London Eye for panoramic views of the city.
Day 4: Oxford and Cotswolds
- Take a day trip to Oxford, famous for its prestigious university and historic architecture.
- Explore the colleges and visit the Bodleian Library.
- Drive or take a guided tour through the picturesque Cotswolds region, known for its charming villages and rolling hills.
Day 5: Bath
- Travel to Bath and visit the Roman Baths, a well-preserved ancient bathing and socializing complex.
- Explore the elegant Georgian architecture of Bath and take a stroll along the River Avon.
Day 6: Stonehenge and Salisbury
- Visit Stonehenge, the mysterious prehistoric monument.
- Continue to Salisbury and explore the Salisbury Cathedral with its impressive spire.
- Return to London in the evening.
Day 7: Stratford-upon-Avon and Departure
- Take a day trip to Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
- Explore the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust properties and enjoy the charming town.
- Return to London for departure or spend an extra night if your departure is on the following day.
Remember that travel times between destinations can vary, so plan your transportation accordingly. Also, consider any entrance fees, opening hours, and reservation requirements for attractions. This itinerary provides a mix of historical sites, cultural experiences, and scenic landscapes, allowing you to get a glimpse of England’s diverse offerings.