One of the best things about visiting New York is the food! I don’t think there is another city that could surpass New York in the sheer amount as well as the variety of restaurants at your finger tips. Not to mention that everything stays open late, so no matter what hour you are craving something–I’m pretty sure you could find it in the Big Apple!
I’ve been meaning to do a restaurant post for ages, so I’ve finally compiled what I think are the best restaurants to visit on a trip to New York (full disclosure – there are a few on the list I haven’t been to, but are high on my list of places to try). I’ve strictly stuck to restaurants in this post, but I’m definitely going to have to do another post on the best treats, coffee shops, and drinking holes in NYC. Don’t even get me started on the cookies from Levain Bakery and Momofuku Milk Bar! Soooo goood!
My advice is to bookmark this page and save it as a reference for your next trip to New York!
- The Mermaid Inn – The perfect oyster HH
- The Smith – Great for brunch/lunch
- Sarabeth’s – A traditional go-to brunch spot
- Jacob’s pickles – A good local joint for HH
- Patsy’s Pizzeria – Old-school pizza
- Shake shack – Multiple locations around the city, but go to the one in Madison Square Park for the authentic experience!
- Friend of a Farmer – Brunch
- Norma’s – Brunch
- Carmine’s – A reliably quick dinner before a Broadway show
- John’s Pizza – Another good spot before a show
- Gramercy Tavern – For a splurge or a big anniversary
- Eataly – An Italian experience
- ABC Kitchen and ABC Cocina – Unique chandeliers thanks to the ABC furniture store next door
- Tipsy Parson – I’m obsessed with the book wallpaper here
- Santina – Coastal Italian food with a colorful vibe
- Le Grainne Café – For when you wish you were in Paris
- Chelsea Market – Lots of restaurants and shops to explore
- Café Gitane
- Socarrat Paella Bar – Crowded seating, but the best paella in the city with gooey crusty rice at the bottom of the pan
- Jack’s wife Freda
- Bubby’s – Brunch
- Lombardi’s – Little Italy!
- Balthazar – Brunch
- La Esquina
The Village (West/East/Greenwich)
- Rosmary’s – Italian food and twinkle lights
- Palma – Lovely back garden that is covered in the winter
- Joe’s Pizza – Best pizza slice in the city! A must visit in the city!
- The Spotted Pig – Quaint pub with a good burger
- Pearl Oyster Bar
- Olio e Piu
- RedFarm – Asian Fusion
- Mary’s Fish Camp
- Little Owl
- Corner Bistro – Cheap eats
- Waverly Inn
- Buvette – Brunch
- Hundred Acres – Mediterranean
- Mamoun’s Falafel
- Otto Enoteca
- Pepe Rosso to go
- Momofuku Noodle Bar
- Minca Ramen
Lower East Side
DUMBO – For when you’ve crossed the Brooklyn Bridge and need a slice of pizza!
Planning a trip to New York?
If you’re traveling to New York City, I’ve created the perfect itinerary for first-time visitors that includes a wonderful mix of tourist sights and local favorites. This itinerary makes sure you aren’t spending wasted hours going back and forth across the city and allows you to maximize your limited time.
If you’re a first-timer to the Big Apple, this itinerary and travel guide will help you check off the boxes for all of your must-see activities. If this is your second or even 25th visit, you’ll find great recommendations for restaurants, activities, and local favorites that will help you to pretend you’re a New Yorker (even for just a little while!).
What you’ll find inside:
- 30 page comprehensive travel guide
- Five full day itinerary with only the BEST places to stay, things to do, sights to see, and restaurants to try
- Stylish, full-color photos and an easy-to-read layout that you can access on your phone or print-out and bring with you
- Helpful details about the city, cultural insights, kid-friendly recommendations, and other tidbits to maximize your experience and minimize your stress
- Over 35 hotel recommendations and
- Planning a trip to New York City is overwhelming and very time consuming. With this guide, you’ll save yourself hours of planning and can be confident knowing you’ll be maximizing the time you have in this incredible city!
This 30 page comprehensive travel guide includes everything you need to plan your trip to New York. You will only need to book your accommodations and make reservations. Seriously, that’s it! If you prefer to do some planning yourself, then you can use this guide as a starting point to create your own personalized trip. Either way, with this itinerary you’ll be able to touch down in New York City and hit the ground running!
Sample Itinerary Pages:
Buy the New York City Perfect Itinerary and Travel Guide for First-Timer’s Here:
Looking for more travel Tips?
Traveling Chic’s New York City Restaurant Guide Here.
Traveling Chic’s New York City Hotel Guide Here.
If you’re planning a trip with your family or kids, check out Traveling Chic’s list of kid-friendly recommendations here.
If you’re visiting over the holidays, check out Traveling Chic’s “Christmas in New York” travel guide here.
What’s your favorite restaurant? Should I add something to the list?