Happy Weekend, Everyone! First things first, who’s having a Margarita tonight? Have you tried a spicy margarita before? Normally this isn’t something I would order, but they are so good! If you’re out and about tonight give it a go, or try one of these recipes at home.
With Cinco de Mayo to enjoy tonight and the Kentucky Derby tomorrow, there are all sorts of reasons to celebrate this weekend! Here are a few of my favorite things from this week to check out:
- This hugging dog is the sweetest!
- Where in the world is President Obama? I’m loving seeing all of the photos of the former Prez relaxed and enjoying himself on vacation. Whether hanging out in Tahiti, British Virgin Islands, or Hawaii, he’s living it up with a few of his lesser-known friends;)
- I know Ed Sheeran’s new album, Divide, released in March, but I can’t get enough of it right now. I’m literally listening while in the car, at work, walking the dog, making dinner… I’m pretty sure Mike’s had his fill.
- I’ve always found it a little funny that people think American’s smile too much. There are certainly plenty of things about Americans to complain about, but what’s wrong with smiling?!:) If you’ve ever wondered about those big, toothy grins, here’s an interesting article.
- Favorite Rom-Com Quiz. I got the Holiday, which seems fitting for a girl who loves travel.
- Who’s watching the Derby tomorrow? We usually don our big hats and have a pool for picking the winning horse. Since we don’t know too much about horse racing, we’ll usually put all of the contenders in a hat and each person picks a horse to root for. Here’s a list of the 20 horses running this year. If you need a Mint Julep recipe, this one’s from the traveling chic archives.
- If you like Everything bagels, then you are going to love this. Trader Joe’s is selling Everything but Bagel seasoning. I hear it’s really great on avocado toast, eggs, popcorn, panko crusted chicken or fish, pizza dough, and mac and cheese.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!