Happy Weekend, Y’all! We’re celebrating my Dad today and hoping to get a shrimp boil and bike ride in if the rain holds off! Hopefully you have a nice weather wherever you are and can take some time to enjoy yourself outside. Believe it or not, next week is the first day of summer! Here are a few fun things on my radar this week:
- “Unputdownable books” I’ve loved Rules of Civility and What Alice Forgot and they were both on the list, so may have to check out a few others.
- The cutest basket backpack. Perfect for a summer picnic!
- Someone brought up the refresh of Alanis Morissette’s Ironic at work the other day. If you missed this sketch, it’s good for a laugh. Also, Alanis looks like she hasn’t aged one bit!
- Apparently there is a butter shortage in France and bakers are concerned about the production of croissants. C’est dommage!
- These Disney Classics are being remade. I loved the new versions of Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast so looking forward to others! I’m especially excited about Mary Poppins release next year with Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Kathryn Bigelow’s new movie on the 1967 Detroit riots is supposed to be an eye-opening look into systematic racism. Looks good and really intense.
- This Book on style would be the perfect high school or college graduation gift.
- In honor of Father’s Day, how cute is this video of a Dad who interviewed his daughter on her first day of school every year. And how adorable does Thomas Rhett seem as a new Dad?!!
- The best lobster rolls according to chefs. I prefer the Conneticut hot style over the chilled, but they are all good and the perfect lunch for summertime. The best lobster roll I’ve ever had was at Benjamin’s in Newport, Rhode Island. The place looks like a total dive, but that roll is out of this world and they even have an oyster shucker on staff ranked 5th in the world!
- Charlotte’s uncanny resemblance to Queen Elizabeth II. What a cutie! If you were hooked on The Crown on Netflix, season 2 is expected to drop in November.
- We have the sweetest UPS man in our neighborhood, who always brings Duke a treat, so I loved this guy getting a selfie with a few pups! Also loved the resourcefulness of NY dog owners with their pets over the subway ban. The one wearing an IKEA bag is hilarious!;)
- An interesting perspective from three women on aging.
Have a great weekend! And Happy Father’s Day to all those wonderful Dads, Uncles, Brothers, and good male role-models out there!