It’s finally Friday and it’s a long holiday weekend! Hallelujah! Any fun plans in store for you? I’m heading to Indiana this weekend for some good old-fashioned 4th of July fun with family! I’m looking forward to our annual Glider Airplane throwing contest, fun with the kiddos, lots of outside grilling, and all the fireworks & sparklers!
Here are a few fun things on my radar this week.
- Emma Watson is hiding books with personalized notes in secret places around Paris and London?!! Such a fantastic idea!
- Really fun, and not overly cliche, summer date night ideas.
- My favorite sunglasses are 50% off at the Loft this weekend. Only 12 bucks and pretty good quality! Also love this little girl sushi t-shirt from J.Crew! So cute!
- Enjoyed this article on all of the “unique” travel pillows on the market. I’m seriously considering trying this one out.
- Anyone remember Anna Scott’s pseudonym from Notting Hill? Here are other silly names celebrities use when staying at hotels.
- Have you seen the Anthony Bourdain episode on Bonci’s pizza? This Italian guy’s passion for pizza is so infectious! If you live in Chicago you will be thrilled to hear Bonci’s pizza is moving in. If you’re visiting Rome make a stop at Bonci’s after a visit to the Vatican!
- Just graduating and not sure how to get your dream job? Taking an unpaid internship doing what you actually want to do may pay off in the long run.
- The rise of women booking adventure travel.
- How to make travel a priority! Loved this article from the Travel Hack.
- Real-life locations that should be in a Wes Anderson movie.
- We hosted a Gatsby themed murder mystery party once and it was such a fun night! I’m always on the look out for similar ideas and I’ve heard this investigative board game is pretty awesome. I’m going to have to invite friends over soon and give it a try.
- Your guide on how much to tip around the world.
- Please tell me I’m not the only one who got the Rachel Green haircut in middle school? Anyone? 25 outfits Rachel Green wore that are back in style!
Have a great weekend and Happy Travels!