Happy Friday and happy (LONG!) weekend to those of you in the States! I just got into Indiana to visit my brother’s family and we have lots to celebrate. Not only is it America’s birthday, but we’re celebrating my nephew’s first birthday, and Mike and I have our first wedding anniversary on Sunday! Whatever you are up to, I hope you can kick back and relax!
I am also sooo excited to tell you that I am going to be one of eight contributors for the Travel Hack blog written by Monica Stott over in the UK. Monica’s blog is absolutely fantastic and one of the first travel blogs I started following many years ago. Her blog has totally blown up and I highly recommend adding it to your reading list (if it isn’t on there already!)–I know you will love her!! You can read a little more about what I’ll be doing here and here. Did you take a look?! How amazing are all of the other contributors!! And I thought I had a lot of travel under my belt!
Here are a few things I came across this week that you might enjoy reading!
1. Planning a trip with your girlfriends? This video made me laugh! It’s on what it’d be like if guy BFFs vacationed like girl BFFs. It’s pretty funny and definitely worth a watch!
2. I just heard about a Gelateria in Budapest that scoops their gelato into the shape of a rose. How cute are these cones?! It’s fittingly named, Gelato Rosa. I’m going to attempt to recreate one at home this week. Wish me luck! Speaking of Budapest, I’ve always wanted to check out the beautiful public baths and this post made me want to go even more.
3. Debating whether to fly or take the Eurostar from London to Paris? Claire from Travel Candy has all the answers.
4. I’m loving the chalkboard globes Char found! One of these might have to find their way to my desk!
5. Lots of great tips and beautiful photos about a visit to the Taj Mahal from Hayley at Lovepuffin. Bookmark this if you’re planning a trip to India soon!
6. A few excellent travel hacks from Heather at Stylemindchic. I love her solution to losing a wheel on her luggage.
7. I know a lot of my friends are traveling with kiddos these days and perhaps these life lessons will be helpful!
I wish you all have a very celebratory weekend with family and friends!