Happy Friday, Y’all! What’s in store for the weekend? We’re celebrating a belated Mother’s day with my Mom tonight and anxiously awaiting word of the arrival of my new niece!
Here’s a few reads from around the web this week:
- A cool sculpture in Venice. The art is meant to make a statement on climate change. If you plan to visit soon, you’ll have to see if you can spot it rising from the canals. P.S. My recent travel guide on Venice is here.
- The photo above is William Eggleston’s famous “Glass on a Plane” which sold for $400K back in 2012. Gray Malin’s Bon Voyage series reminds me of this old photograph at a much more affordable and price! His Dolce Vita prints have always been a favorite of mine too!
- Thinking of a career change? Some advice on how to navigate the path.
- An interesting article suggesting kids typically aren’t interested in exploring new places until their teenage years. Up until then, they prefer familiar places that they have been before.
- Pippa Middleton is getting married this weekend! How cute will George and Charlotte be in the wedding?!!!
- The best of the red carpet from the Cannes Film Festival this week. The streaming debate continues on.
- I love the 73 questions that Vogue does. I was just laughing from Aziz Ansari’s recent interview, but my favorites are with Reese and Emma!
Also, since it’s Friday, you might as well take Aziz’s advice and TREAT YO’ SELF!
Happy Travels and have a great weekend!
In case you missed it on Traveling Chic this week: