Happy Weekend, Friends! I’m headed up to Northern Minnesota with a group of old friends this weekend and I couldn’t be more excited for some R&R and lake time! We’ve been doing this since we were Juniors in High school…about 15 years now! Where does the time go? Speaking of, is it just me or is the summer flying by?!
Here are a few links of interesting things I came across this the week on the web for your perusal and enjoyment. Happy Reading!
1. I loved this post from the Overseas Escape on 20 Perfect One Week European Itineraries. It’s giving me so many great ideas for our trip in September! Isn’t her photography beautiful?!!!
2. Could you sell your house, your things, and take your husband and kids around the world for a year? Courtney from Babyccino is doing just that and she goes into detail on how they are doing it here.
3. Did you see my post on ‘100 Movies to Inspire your next Trip to Europe’ here? I’m glad a lot of you enjoyed that post and I got a few suggestions of movies to add to the list:
Ellen suggested Shirley Valentine about a British woman who gets sick of her husband and takes off for Greece! I wish I had seen this before my trip! Kevin mentioned that I left off Patriot Games (part in Ireland & England) and Enemy at the Gates (WWII Europe). Both movies I’ve seen and enjoyed! And Tara mentioned About a Boy that takes place in England! I loved this movie too! Thanks, guys!
4. What is it about Public Speaking that is so terrifying? I have heard that people fear public speaking more than death, which in a weird way doesn’t surprise me. I know I usually lose sleep before I give a presentation! Mike, on the other hand, thrives off of it and just started his own public speaking business. I couldn’t be prouder! You can check out his website here.
5. Anne from Travel the Globe 4 Less and Lauren from Bird in the Hand Travel did a nice little post on me and the other contributors for the Travel Hack here and here. Thanks, Anne & Lauren!
6. The Best advice 25 Famous Women were given. Take note!
7. Do you use Airbnb when you travel? They recently posted 5 rejections letters they received when looking for funding to start their company. Another good example of just because others don’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not a great idea!
Happy weekend and happy travels!
P.S. I’m looking for recommendations on things to do in London here! I’d love to hear any advice you may have!!
This Post Has 4 Comments
Anne Slater-Brooks17 Jul 2015
It’s not Europe but if you haven’t seen it, you must watch the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel for Indian inspiration. It’s also a real feel good film and makes me smile as brings back so many good memories. My husband and I watched a number of films following our Asian odyssey at the beginning of the year too which were very enlightening too! Have a great weekend and I love the Greek picture x
Traveling Chic | Jenny20 Jul 2015
I LOVED that movie! And I love most of the actors in it! Are you going to do some blog posts on your asian adventures? I’d love to see pictures and read about them! xo
Anne Slater-Brooks20 Jul 2015
It was awesome. Such a feel good film and the second one was even more hilarious!! I did a post some time ago on Myanmar which you can check out here http://www.traveltheglobe4less.com/myanmar-on-a-budget/. I definitely have plans to use that trip as some inspiration. I’m also heading to India soon for an ayurveda and yoga retreat so there might well be some inspiration to come out of that. I might try and persuade my husband to do an his and hers blog for that trip as he has never been on retreat before and think he might hate me once they deprive him of food, caffeine and alcohol for a week!! X
Traveling Chic21 Jul 2015
Oh, great! I will check it out! You’re yoga retreat sounds incredible! Yes, I’m guessing your husband won’t be thrilled about the rule!:)