Happy Weekend, Friends! I’m headed up to Northern Minnesota with a group of old friends this weekend and I couldn’t be more excited for some R&R and lake time! We’ve been doing this since we were Juniors in High school…about 15 years now! Where does the time go? Speaking of, is it just me or is the summer flying by?!
Here are a few links of interesting things I came across this the week on the web for your perusal and enjoyment. Happy Reading!
1. I loved this post from the Overseas Escape on 20 Perfect One Week European Itineraries. It’s giving me so many great ideas for our trip in September! Isn’t her photography beautiful?!!!
2. Could you sell your house, your things, and take your husband and kids around the world for a year? Courtney from Babyccino is doing just that and she goes into detail on how they are doing it here.
3. Did you see my post on ‘100 Movies to Inspire your next Trip to Europe’ here? I’m glad a lot of you enjoyed that post and I got a few suggestions of movies to add to the list:
Ellen suggested Shirley Valentine about a British woman who gets sick of her husband and takes off for Greece! I wish I had seen this before my trip! Kevin mentioned that I left off Patriot Games (part in Ireland & England) and Enemy at the Gates (WWII Europe). Both movies I’ve seen and enjoyed! And Tara mentioned About a Boy that takes place in England! I loved this movie too! Thanks, guys!
4. What is it about Public Speaking that is so terrifying? I have heard that people fear public speaking more than death, which in a weird way doesn’t surprise me. I know I usually lose sleep before I give a presentation! Mike, on the other hand, thrives off of it and just started his own public speaking business. I couldn’t be prouder! You can check out his website here.
6. The Best advice 25 Famous Women were given. Take note!
7. Do you use Airbnb when you travel? They recently posted 5 rejections letters they received when looking for funding to start their company. Another good example of just because others don’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not a great idea!
Happy weekend and happy travels!
P.S. I’m looking for recommendations on things to do in London here! I’d love to hear any advice you may have!!