Bonjour! Welcome to this week’s Weekend Wanderlust – The French Edition!
In celebration of France’s Bastille Day on earlier this week, we thought It’d be fun to have a French themed week on Traveling Chic. So now it’s time to enjoy your cappuccino and croissant (it’s the French edition after all!) and get settled in for this week’s Weekend Wanderlust.
What you’ll find in this newsletter:
- Traveling Chic’s New Articles
- Travel Tip of the Week
- Travel Gear Find of the Week
- Hotel Spotlight
- In-flight reading
- In-flight watching
- Quoting Audrey Hepburn
- A Printable Checklist of Must do Activities in Paris
- French weekend reading links
Let’s get started!
This Week on Traveling Chic:
Travel Tip of the Week:
10 Tips for Traveling in Paris
1. Beware of pickpockets around tourist sites.
2. Wear comfortable shoes, after all the best way to see Paris is by foot.
3. Always make a reservation for dinner.
4. Speaking a few words of French will go a long way with Parisians.
5. Start your day with a croissant and end your day with a glass of champagne.
6. Many restaurants and sites are closed on certain days of the week be sure to check on these details when planning your itinerary.
7. Enjoy the Cafe Society life – spend an hour at a Parisian cafe and enjoy some people watching.
8. Parisians eat dinner after 8. If you want to eat with locals make reservations for a later dinner.
9. Public restrooms are hard to find. Take the opportunity when you can at restaurants and sites.
10. Don’t try to see everything! There are far too many things to see and do in Paris that you will stress yourself if you try to do it all. Plus you’ll have an excuse to go back!
Travel Gear Finds of the Week – Packing Cubes & Passport Holders
For those of you who love to be extra organized, this blue striped set and this pink striped set are the perfect travel accessory to add into the mix. Anthropologie has a cute family passport cover that will hold up to 7 passports! They also have a cute french themed passport holder that would make the perfect gift for a travel lover!
Hotel Spotlight: Hôtel Plaza Athénée
If I didn’t have a budget for my next trip to Paris, I think I’d make reservations at Hôtel Plaza Athénée. Those red awnings and views of the Eiffel Tower are what Parisian dreams are made of. In line with their luxury amenities and bespoke linens this hotel even has a pillow menu for the most discerning sleepers!
There are so many books to choose from that will make you want to move to France – but this week I’m choosing All the Light We Cannot See which I just learned is going to be made into a Netflix series. It was hugely popular a few years ago and won a Pulitzer Prize in 2015. It tells the story of a blind French teenager and a young German soldier, whose paths collide in occupied France during World War II. I loved this book and can’t wait to see it brought to life on screen. If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend it.
Movies set in France to watch this weekend!
Drama – The Hundred-Foot Journey
Comedy – Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Quoting Audrey Hepburn:
“Paris is always a good idea.”
A Printable Checklist for Things to Do in Paris: