Shop the Post
With the 4th of July under our belt and summer in full swing, I’m feeling some major wanderlust for New England right now! Maybe it’s because much of America’s early history took place in New England or because of the abundance of charming and quaint seaside towns, but this part of the country feels so patriotic and just plain American at this time of year.
For a summer vacation in New England you can never go wrong packing ALL things red, white, and blue! I’ve created packing guides for both Cape Cod and Maine and this Nantucket guide continues with the same preppy vibe. Did you know that “Nantucket Red” (a red that ages to pink over time) dates all the way back to the 50’s. Technically only one store in Nantucket can legally sell this color, but J. Crew and others have come up with their version as well. You can’t visit Nantucket without seeing an abundance of pants, shorts, and hats in this hue.
When packing for a summer in Nantucket you’ll need casual beachwear, a few dressier outfits for dinner, and light sweaters for when it cools down in the evening.
Nantucket’s EAT / SEE / DO List
- Get up early to watch the sunrise at the Great Point Lighthouse
- Rent a vespa or take a open air jeep around the island and head out to Surfside Beach
- Stroll through town and stop for a green monster ice cream cone at the Juice Bar (homemade waffle cones!!)
- Enjoy a seafood dinner at Galley Beach
- Go boutique shopping (Southern Tide, Skinny Dip, Vineyard Vines, and Peter Beaton) for all preppy attire quintessential to Nantucket
Have you visited this charming island? What are your favorite things to do–I’d love to hear!