When deciding what to pack for Paris, one of the fashion capitals of the world, it is tempting to pack up your entire closet. But I promise you can pack for a week or even two weeks in a carry-on if you pick out shirts, dresses, bottoms, and shoes in the same color palette. If everything goes together you can easily mix and match your limited wardrobe to create several different outfits.
For this roundup I chose a black palette because black is always chic in Paris. Not only do most people photograph well in black, but it also disguises sweat. Paris in the summertime can be extremely crowded and extremely hot, so pack the lightest and airiest clothes you own. White and beige are also great options for a summer color palette, but be careful walking around a large city as your light-colored clothing can get dirty very quickly.
Here’s what I would pack in my carry-on if I was taking off tomorrow:
1. Stripe Breton Top: In my opinion, a Breton striped top is about as quintessential French as it comes. You can’t go without tossing one of these in your bag. Cotton tops always pack well and stay relatively wrinkle free which is an added bonus.
2. Passport Cover: This stylish Gold passport cover will keep your passport safe and help you find it in your bag.
3. Headphones: These flashy headphones are perfect to drown out the noise on the long flight over.
4. Oui Clutch: I couldn’t say no to this adorable clutch.
5. Travel Compact: This ‘darling’ mirror is the perfect size for your carry-on bag.
6. Red Lipstick: It’s amazing how one swipe of lipstick will pull your entire outfit together. Plus wearing red lipstick will instantly make you feel Parisian chic.
7. Travel Pillow: I always bring a neck pillow on a long flight to help get a few zzzs.
8. Market Tote: This summery market tote will be fun to carry around the city and perfect to hold provisions for a picnic in the park.
9 & 10. Tank Tops: A black tank top like this or this will go with anything and can easily be worn more than once.
11. Polka dot tee: I’m a little obsessed with anything with polka dots (if you haven’t noticed already). But if that’s not for you, a couple neutral t-shirts take up little room in your bag and give you a lot of options.
12. Cold Shoulder Tank top: Bring a stylish tank top or dress for a fancy dinner or a night out on the town. This tank could easily work for day-to-night if you won’t be stopping back at your hotel.
13. Shorts like these scalloped ones or these red ones are comfortable and will keep you cool while site-seeing in the heat. If you’re not a fan of shorts then substitute these with a skirt.
18. Hat: This wide-brimmed straw hat is gorgeous and will keep the sun off your face.
19. Sandals: These sandals are perfect for a summer day.
20. Espadrilles: This comfy shoe is stylish, classic, and will tuck into the corners of your suitcase.
21. Sneakers: If you’re planning on doing a lot of walking these Nike Frees will keep your feet happy and should blend in with your color palette.
22. Sunglasses: A stylish pair of sunglasses is a must in Paris.
Are you going to Paris this summer? What else would you bring?
I’m Jenny, the voice behind Traveling Chic. Thanks so much for stopping by! Traveling Chic began in 2007 as your passport to stylish travel around the world. A source for inspiration that covers everything from where to visit, what to pack, and how to travel in style!
If you love ALL things travel then you’ve come to the right place! Every Saturday morning you’ll receive an email with Traveling Chic’s new content (think travel guides, packing tips, etc.). We can’t be traveling all the time, but hopefully this travel inspiration will hold you over until your next trip!