After going through pictures from yesterday’s ‘What to do in Rome’ Post I got a little wanderlust-y for a trip to Italy and nostalgia for my charming neighborhood in Trastevere has officially set in. Alas, there is no Italian vacation in my near future. BUT if I was lucky enough to be packing for Italy this summer, here’s what I’d bring along. And if you’re lucky enough to be going, I hope this provides a little inspiration along the way.
- A straw hat to keep cool in the sun and hide your flyaways!
- Over-sized sunglasses not only screen your eyes from the sun, but help you people watch inconspicuously.
- A comfortable pair of sneakers is imperative. This brand is a nice compromise between comfort and style and doesn’t scream TOURIST.
- A nice camera is a must in this city and a sturdy camera strap will make it ease to carry around all day.
- These Italian flats may just be worth the splurge.
- Gucci handbag. If a designer bag is in your budget, you might as well go with an Italian brand!
- LBD. A little black dress will never be out of style and is perfect for an evening out on the town.
- These gladiator sandals will feel stylish at night, but still be easy to navigate the cobblestone streets.
- This luggage is sleek and stylish and will stand the test of time.
- A passport cover will help protect your passport and keep you organized.
What else would you pack? I’d love to hear!