It’s no secret that London is my absolute favorite big city! And one of the best parts about London is the charming neighborhoods. Along with charming neighborhoods, London has no shortage of charming hotels–but, unfortunately, they also come at a high price. When searching for a hotel, pick a few neighborhoods you’d be interested to stay in and then start your search from there.
Below I’ve provided a list of hotel recommendations. I haven’t stayed in all of these locations, but I have only included recommendations from people with similar travel tastes to my own and all of you! I also want to point out that with the availability of Airbnb and One Fine Stay there are a lot of options to stay in someone’s home and pretend to be a Londoner for a week!
Budget-Friendly ($100 – 200)
Just because you’re on a budget, doesn’t mean you can’t love your hotel. Keep in mind that most budget hotels are going to have very tiny rooms. When booking make sure the room is “en-suite”, which means it has a connected bathroom, so you don’t end up sharing one down the hall with others.
- The Belgrave Hotel (Pimlico)
- Garden Court Hotel (Kensington Gardens Square)
- Z Hotel (Piccadilly Circus)
- Safestay Hostel (Kensington Holland Park)
- Thistle (Trafalgar Square)
- Premier Inn (Leicester Square)
- SoHostel (Soho)
- Astor Hyde Park Hostel (South Kensington)
Moderately Priced Boutique ($200 – 400)
If you’re looking for a small, unique, and charming hotel to call home for a few days.
- The Bailey’s Hotel London (South Kensington)
- Hotel Number 16 (Kensington)
- The Langham (Oxford Circus)
- One Aldwych (Covent Garden)
- The Hospital Club (Covent Garden)
- Charlotte Street Hotel (Soho)
- The Hoxton, Holborn (South Kensington)
- Park Plaza (Westminster Bridge)
- The Chesterfield (Mayfair)
- The Montague on the Gardens (Bloomsbury)
- Rosewood London (Covent Garden)
- Hotel 41 (Behind Buckingham Palace)
Familiar Hotel Brands ($300 – 400)
Looking for comfort, familiarity, and a little luxury without the extreme price tag.
- Hilton London Hyde Park (Hyde Park)
- Marriott Grosvenor Square (Mayfair)
- Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill (West End)
- Hilton London Tower Bridge (Southwark)
- Edition Hotel – Ritz Carlton (Soho)
- The Savoy – Fairmont (Covent Garden)
Splurge ($500 and up)
If your budget has no limits, or you’re on a once in a lifetime vacation.
Planning a trip to London?
If you’re traveling to London, I’ve created the perfect itinerary for first-time visitors that includes a wonderful mix of tourist sights and local favorites. This itinerary makes sure you aren’t spending wasted hours going back and forth across the city and allows you to maximize your limited time. If you’re a first-timer to London, this itinerary and travel guide will help you check off the boxes for all of your must-see activities. If this is your second or even 25th visit, you’ll find great recommendations for restaurants, activities, and local favorites that will help you to pretend you’re a Londoner (even for just a little while!).
What you’ll find inside:
- 30+ page comprehensive travel guide
- 6 full day itinerary with only the BEST places to stay, things to do, sights to see, and restaurants to try
- Over 30 hotel recommendations for every budget
- Recommendations for the perfect day trips from London
- Stylish, full-color photos and an easy-to-read layout that you can access on your phone or print-out and bring with you
- Helpful details about the city, cultural insights, kid-friendly recommendations, and other tidbits to maximize your experience and minimize your stress
- Planning a trip to London is overwhelming and very time consuming. With this guide, you’ll save yourself hours of planning and can be confident knowing you’ll be maximizing the time you have in this incredible city!
This 30+ page comprehensive travel guide includes everything you need to plan your trip to London. You will only need to book your accommodations and make reservations. Seriously, that’s it! If you prefer to do some planning yourself, then you can use this guide as a starting point to create your own personalized trip. Either way, with this itinerary you’ll be able to touch down in London and hit the ground running!
Sample Itinerary Pages:
Buy the London Perfect Itinerary and Travel Guide for First-Timer’s Here:
For more tips on London, check out my post on the Royal’s version of London!
What are your favorite neighborhoods and hotels to stay at in London? Please leave your recommendations below for other travelers!
For more tips on London, check out the following posts:
- A Neighborhood Guide (and which best fits your personality!)
- The Ultimate London (England) Bucket List
- 15 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit
- Dinner & A Movie – Wimbledon
- Kate & Will’s London – A Royal-worthy Trip
- 7 DARLING Spots for Afternoon Tea!
- London Bucket List
- Or check out our Inspiration on Pinterest!