One of the things that makes Paris so special is the variety of neighborhoods (known as arrondissements) you can explore. Each arrondissement (there are 20) houses its own share of tourist sights and its own personality.
There are so many options of where to stay in Paris, it can certainly be overwhelming trying to decide not only what area to stay in, but also what accommodation to book. I would definitely give some consideration to the neighborhood you choose to stay in as you’ll want to be based close to the sights you want to visit. My personal favorite neighborhoods to stay in are St. Germain and the Marais, but there are amazing options all over the city.
Below I’ve provided a list of hotel recommendations. I obviously haven’t stayed in all of these locations, but I have only included recommendations from people with similar travel tastes to my own and all of you! I also want to point out that with the availability of Airbnb, One Fine Stay, and Paris Perfect – there are a lot of options to stay in someone’s home and pretend to be a Parisian for a week if that sounds enticing to you!
Budget-Friendly ($100 – 200)
Just because you’re on a budget, doesn’t mean you can’t love your hotel. Keep in mind that most budget hotels are going to have very tiny rooms.
Moderately Priced Boutique ($200 – 400)
If you’re looking for a small, unique, and charming hotel to call home for a few days.
- Hotel Providence (10th ) – views of Sacré-Cœur
- Hotel Verneuil (5th and 6th)
- Hotel Adele & Jules (9th)
- Hotel des Grands Boulevards (2nd) – rooftop terrace and building goes back to the French Revolution
- Hotel Fabric (11th) – near boulangeries and cafes
- Hotel Gabriel Paris Marais (4th) – in the heart of the Marais
- Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais (4th) – fresh roses in every room
- Villa beauarchais (4th)
- Hotel Daniel (8th)
- Regina Hotel (1st)
- Hotel Royal Saint-Honore (1st)
Familiar Hotel Brands ($300 – 400)
Looking for comfort, familiarity, and a little luxury without the extreme price tag.
- Renaissance Republique (3rd and 4th)
- Westin Vendome (1st) – views of the Eiffel tower
- Sofitel Paris (8th)
- Hilton Paris Opera (8th)
- Renaissance Paris Vendome (1st)
- Hotel Mayfair Paris (1st)
Splurge ($500 and up)
If your budget has no limits, or you’re on a once in a lifetime vacation.
- Hotel Plaza Athene (8th) – Filming location for Sex in the City and Something’s Gotta Give
- Le Royal Monceau Paris
- Park Hyatt Vendome (2nd)
- Prince de Galles (8th)
- Four Seasons Hotel George V (8th)
- Hotel Regina (1st)
- Le Roch Hotel & Spa (1st)
- Relais Christine (6th)
- Le Pavillon de la Reine (3rd)
Do you have any favorite hotels or places to stay? Please leave your recommendations in the comments below!